We all want the best things in life. When we’re craving pizza, what do we do? We bust out our phones and look up “the best pizza near me.” When we’re choosing between a dozen donuts at the office, which one do we take? The one with the tastiest-looking flavor. When we have three or more kids, which one is our favorite? The youngest, of course.
(OK, maybe not that last one.)
When it comes to wanting the best things, marketing is no different. If you’re a business owner or leader in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and are looking for an agency to handle your marketing, have you considered that the best one for you might be right under your nose?
Read on to discover the benefits of hiring a local digital marketing agency — and which ones have the best reviews and awards in the DFW Metroplex.
The Benefits of a Local Digital Marketing Agency
If we’re talking about digital marketing, you might wonder why location is so important. It’s true that technology has made it easier to deal with marketing agencies anywhere in the country, but there are still several perks to having one close by.
Here are a few benefits of hiring a local digital marketing agency:
- It’s a high-touch partnership. According a study cited by Forbes, “97% of meetings attendees cited small face-to-face meetings of fewer than 10 participants as their preferred form of communication.” Setting up a face-to-face meeting can be a pain if your agency isn’t local. The same goes for handing off deliverables and other aspects of your relationship. When you hire a local agency, a high-touch relationship comes with the territory. (Plus, you don’t have to deal with the annoying technical hiccups that come with video conferencing.)
- You see what you get. When you hire an agency that isn’t local, how do you know they aren’t outsourcing your marketing? You could just be paying for a middle man. When you hire a local agency, however, you can see and meet the actual team members working on your account and get to know their skill sets.
- Your agency gets to know you better. A crucial part of any digital marketing agency’s strategy is capturing your company's voice, tone and differentiators. Face-to-face meetings help with this, as do tours of your company and demonstrations of your product offerings. This goes a long way to ensuring you’re both on the same page and that the agency will be able to tell your story appropriately.
- There’s better competitor analysis. There’s a good chance at least one of your competitors is local, so an agency that’s in the area will be aware of them, their messaging and their strengths/weaknesses. Even if they aren’t local, your Dallas-Fort Worth digital marketing agency will be able to get to know you better and identify what separates you from your competition.
- It’s ideal for local SEO. Building on the last point, a local digital marketing agency will have a better grasp on local keywords that will build up your keyword portfolio, PPC campaign and overall marketing strategy. Why? Because they’re familiar with regional cities, neighborhoods, landmarks and phrases that people are using on search engines. After all, SEO is both an art and a science.
- Offline marketing is easier. What happens if you need a flyer, print mailer or billboard and you’re working with an agency that isn’t local? You’ll either need to do it yourself or rely on the agency handling the logistics from afar and risk messing something up. A local agency in Dallas-Fort Worth will have connections to easily supplement your digital marketing strategy with offline or outbound marketing techniques.
Now that we’ve established a few benefits to working with a local digital marketing agency, let’s take a look at specific agencies in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that are among the best you’ll find.
The Best-Reviewed Agencies In DFW
There are two main types of reviews: online reviews and testimonials. Agencies will put positive testimonials on their website approximately 100% of the time, so it’s important to take note of how many testimonials they have on their website and how those testimonials compare to online reviews. The number of online reviews also matters — what good is a five-star rating if only two people left reviews? Finally, take perfect scores with a grain of salt, as they may indicate paid or influenced reviews.
Taking all of that into account, here are three of the best-reviewed digital marketing agencies in Dallas-Fort Worth:
- Steadfast Creative. Do a search for “best digital marketing agency dallas fort worth” and you’ll likely see Steadfast, as they have 29 Google reviews with an average rating of five stars. The score for this Fort Worth-based agency is slightly lower on Facebook (4.2), where they have 38 votes.
- madison/miles media. An Arlington-based content marketing agency that specializes in inbound marketing, creative services and ad strategy/sales, we have a combined 31 reviews on Facebook, Google and HubSpot, with an average rating of five stars. What separates us from other agencies, however, is the number of clients willing to give us testimonials and approve case studies — we have more than a dozen of each on our website and many of the testimonials are recorded on video. Additionally, we’re on several 2018 “Top Digital Marketing Agencies in Dallas” lists, such as this one from Clutch, where we have a 4.9-star rating on five reviews.
- Amplus Agency. Also located in Fort Worth, Amplus is a marketing agency with 21 combined reviews on Facebook and Google; it has an average of five stars for the former and 4.7 stars for the latter. Their website also has several video testimonials from clients.
After reviews, what else separates digital marketing agencies in DFW? Awards, of course.
The Most-Awarded Agencies In DFW
The proof is in the pudding, as they say. (In this case, “pudding” being digital marketing results, and “proof” being fancy miniature statues and laminated certificates.) Digital marketing awards showcase the best of the best from across the country, so if an agency in Dallas-Fort Worth wins them, you know you’re dealing with people who can back up their promises.
Here are three of the most-awarded agencies in Dallas-Fort Worth:
- madison/miles media. From being named a “top Dallas agency” by Agency Spotter to receiving countless awards like the 2018 APEX Grand Award in Design, the 2018 Communicator Award of Distinction and more, madison/miles media (or “m3” we like to call ourselves) is no stranger to winning awards. In fact, we’re running out of shelf space for all of them. Maybe you’d like to come visit and take a few off our hands?
- Atomic Design. Named No. 9 of “Leading Dallas Web Design Companies” by 10 BestDesign, Atomic Design has won several design-related awards — much of their portfolio, ironically, is design work for award shows.
- Social Revolt. A finalist for the D CEO’s 2018 Latino Business Awards in the “Up and Comer” category, Social Revolt is a fairly new agency based in Dallas that is quickly gaining recognition in the industry for helping brands connect with their audiences.
There are, of course, other factors in addition to reviews and awards. A Dallas-Fort Worth agency’s service offering is also important. Do they only specialize in PPC? Are they a PR boutique? What about web design? When it comes down to it, the best digital marketing agencies in DFW offer all-in-one service offerings — you shouldn’t have to go anywhere else. Combine that with solid reviews and proven awards and you’re sure to find a winner that will help your business grow.